Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Adoption update!

So it has been a while since I have given an update about our status. Well let's just start by saying that this summer has been crazy busy, mostly because of all the awesome plans we have had, but non the less super busy. I feel like we have every moment of the day planned out and not enough of those moments have been working on our paperwork. I have been kind of on a roller coaster of emotions this week mostly about feeling really bad about not being finished with our paperwork yet. I feel like I wouldn't want my future child to think we just took our time getting approved. And what if we missed our opportunity, maybe we felt urgency because there was a situation that we needed to hurry for. Also on the flip side we are actually very close to approval now. We just turned in all of our documents (finally... it took forever to get our stinkin birth certificates). We had a surprise new eight pages full of questions to fill out that we are finishing tonight as well as polishing up our profile to be perfect. We are meeting with our case worker Sara on Thursday to complete our interviews and hopefully she will tell us we are ready for the home study.
It is crazy to think that we are potentially going to be approved within the next few weeks. That means that at anytime we could get a call about a baby.... Yeah just got goosebumps! I feel like I am pretty prepared for whatever time frame this process will take, but I can't help but be anxious.
So now you all know how it is going! When we finally get approved we will be sending out pass along cards with our info so you all can spread the word for us :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment