Wednesday, March 13, 2013

my midlife crisis

Pretty sure I recently went through a midlife crisis.... just saying.

I don't know if it is just knowing that my whole life is totally changing (in the best possible way) in three months or if it is just because winter is lasting far too long and I have cabin fever. Not sure, but it happened.

I found myself wanting to do random crazy/irresponsible things.
~spend lots of money, do something dangerous... never could think of anything that would fit this description, go cliff diving, stay up late every night, drive really fast, etc.

Just a lot of really random dumb things. Did I do any of them... not really. I just felt this itch to do something. We are going on a cheap little spring break trip to Zions and I think it will do. We are going to go running and hiking and swimming and just sit in the warm outside!!

Did any of you mom's out there have a midlife crisis right before your little one came? Or am I just a crazy person.

I think it may be that for such a long time we have devoted so much of our time and thoughts to getting our family started and now that it is so close I feel like I deserve a little me time before real adulthood begins. I promise I'm a responsible person!!

P.S. I'm totally in love with the name that we have picked out!!

P.S.S We got to hang out with J and her Mom last week and we will never stop thinking about how grateful we are to have been picked by her. We couldn't have asked for a more chill Birthmom/Birthfamily!  

2 comments:

  1. I don't think it's a mid life crisis, it's a mid year crisis, We all go store crazy when we've been stuff inside for sooo long!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your blog (for the past 6 months or so) and I'm so excited for you! You will be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete